Thursday, February 23, 2012

Ode to Pepsi

I love Pepsi. I love everything about it. I love the fizzy sound it makes when I open it. I love the dark caramel color. I like the blue bottle with the red and white symbol. I love the way it dances off my tongue like fireworks in my mouth. I love the instant sensation of happiness (and energy boost) I get off drinking it. I could live off Pepsi if I had to. It's everything to me.

Pepsi has gotten me through some of the worst moments of my life. My first thing to have after giving birth - and ice cold Pepsi with a cup of crushed ice just in case it wasn't cold enough. I gave up Pepsi throughout my pregnancy because I knew it wasn't good. But I missed it so much.

Pepsi got me through student teaching. I would eat nothing all day but drink bottle after bottle, I was yelled at for having a Pepsi in my hand at 7am, but damn what a great way to start the morning. You say coffee, I say give me a damn Pepsi.

Why am I writing this? I just wanted to give a little tribute to one of the things I love in life, because lately I've been giving it up. GASP. NO PEPSI. None. It's so sad. . . it's tragic for me truly. But for Christmas my SO, awesome as he is, bought me a SodaStream machine. . . so now I make my own soda. Ok he is going to hate me for this because he thought this machine would replace my desire for Pepsi - it hasn't. Nothing can replicate that taste. But the machine isn't bad - I love it, but Pepsi is better.

So goodbye Pepsi. Goodbye blue bottle. I will miss you more than you can ever imagine. I will think of you when I have my first withdrawal migraines and I become the most irritable bitch known on this world.

And perhaps one day, when I have another child (or if) I will see you again, waiting for me on the other side.

So what's your vice?? What do you just love? What can't you live without?

4 comments:

  1. Red wine...I refuse to live without it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a big drinker - but I love margaritas. That's my drink right there. That and a nice cold Heineken.

      Delete
  2. Giggle. ive been drinking lots of Dr Pepper since adopting our little one . Didnt ever drink it before. Weird. Off topic now- Was wondering if the Nurtrivene D supplements are working/ worth it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely noticing a difference in energy levels. Seth is able to do more without getting as tired as quickly. He also gets sick much less. We are only about one month in though so I don't want to jump and say yes it works really well, but I think generally having the vitamins he needs is doing good for his body.

      Delete